Animal Medical of Chesapeake
Due to the increasing concerns about the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking additional precautionary measures within the hospital. Our mission is always to help pets and people live good lives together. We care about the health of our patients AND their humans.
We have two goals as we navigate through this unprecedented time:
1 - to keep our team healthy so we can continue to provide the level of care you've come to expect for your pets.
2 - to do what we can to prevent spread of COVID-19 to any of our clients.
To achieve these goals, we will be offering CURBSIDE services for all appointments.
Social distancing is pretty much impossible in an exam room with our clients and their pets, so:
Effective Immediately, ONLY Animal Medical personnel will be allowed inside the hospital.
When you arrive for your appointment: Call us at 757-548-2000
Please remain in your vehicle with your pet.
• Our medical team member will come to your vehicle to discuss your pet’s needs curbside. Our team member will then bring your pet into our hospital for evaluation.
After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
Once care of your pet is complete, we will call you for payment. A credit card can be given over the phone, or if necessary a team member will come to your vehicle to collect cash payment. Once payment is complete, a care professional will return your pet to your vehicle.
• Due to potentially limited staffing and to best conserve use of PPE and supplies we share with human medical facilities during the COVID-19 crisis, we will not be scheduling care for elective and non-urgent, non-time-sensitive procedures.
• We will also be utilizing Telemedicine Appointments when we can for less urgent health concerns where it can be useful. We anticipate this will also be helpful for our higher at-risk clients who are unable or prefer not to leave their home. We ask that you be patient with us as we learn new methods of healthcare delivery for our patients.
• For humane euthanasia, we will accommodate as much as possible; but we kindly request limited number of family members accompany the patient.
• Please be aware that our hours of operation are likely to change periodically as needed to accommodate staffing concerns, supply issues, and increased disinfection protocols. As always, the health and safety of our patients, staff and clients is our biggest concern, along with complying with everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19. Appointment times have also been extended to accommodate our new protocols
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we do our part to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. If you are uncomfortable with this method, you are welcome to reschedule your appointment for a later date. However, we do not yet know how long this protocol will need to be in place, or if it will need to be modified in the future. We assure you that the health and well-being of everyone is at the forefront of our concerns, and keeping our staff and doctors healthy is crucial to being able to continue to provide you with veterinary services.