Animal Medical of Chesapeake
We are so excited to announce that you can now join your pet inside for their scheduled doctor's appointments! We are still offering curbside service for those who would prefer to wait in their car during their pet's appointment.
- Please continue to give us a call from your car when you arrive to start the check-in process.
- We will get you checked in from your car and then have our team member bring you inside & directly to your exam room when it is available.
- You may still elect to have curb-side service if you are uncomfortable with coming into the building.
- 'Tech appointments' will continue to be done curbside.
- Our exam rooms are small; and while we have remodeled them to allow for some more room, we ask that no more than two people accompany our pet inside.
- Wearing a mask while in the building and during interactions with our staff is strongly encouraged to help protect everyone since we do have some staff and many clients who are immune-compromised.
- For 'Doctor Exam' appointments, if you choose NOT to wear a mask, please understand that we may limit our 'face-to-face' time with you & do the exam in our treatment area while you wait in the exam room, then return to review with you in the exam room.
- For procedures that require multiple staff members (blood samples, nail trims, etc), to minimize exposure, we may also do these procedures in our treatment room rather than in the exam room.
- Staff will continue to wear masks when interacting with clients.
- Please continue to practice some form of social distancing while in our waiting area & exam rooms.
- For the safety of our staff, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 10 days or have had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days to please let us know and we will provide curbside service.
- These guidelines are subject to change if COVID transmission levels increase in our area. We may opt to return to curbside only service and restrict the number of individuals allowed in the clinic.
Medication and Food Pick-ups:
- To minimize people in our waiting room, all medication and food pick-up will continue curbside; so please call us and we will be happy to bring id directly to your car or invite you in (with a mask on) to pick up.
- Please give us a call ahead of time for all food and medication pickups so we have time to prepare and get your items ready for pick up. If at all possible, we do ask that you allow at least 24 hours for us to process and fill all prescription requests.
We are so looking forward to seeing our pet families again! And we truly appreciate your continued support and patience. Please bear with us as we get back into our 'routine' again!
We ask that respect be shown to all, no matter their mask-wearing preference.
When you arrive for your appointment: Call us at 757-548-2000
Please remain in your vehicle with your pet until called in.